Diabetes Natural Treatments
Clinical Diabetes journal says in the United States an estimated 34% of diabetes adults are using some type of alternative therapy.
Alternative medicine practitioners believe that a natural treatment is possible for diabetes by enlivening the pancreatic cells, which are responsible for this illness.
5 Groups of Natural Treatments for Diabetes
Natural treatment can be considering as a medical system supports your body's ability to heal itself. Groups of diverse medical systems, not presently considering being a part of conventional medicine is called traditional or alternative therapy.
A US study published in Diabetes Care 2002 identifies those aged over 65 years as being 3 times more likely to use alternative medicine than those aged less.
Alternative medicine is categorizing into five groups they are:
- Biologically based practices – are therapies involving substances found in nature having purported medicinal properties. Examples are herbs and dietary supplements to control diabetes.
- Mind-body therapy – are practices used the relationship of mind and body to achieve improved health or treat diabetes. Examples are yoga, tai chi, and meditation.
- Manipulation and body-based practices – are massaging specific body parts or the whole body. Examples are chiropractic therapy, osteopathic manipulation, and reflexology massage.
- Energy healing - are practices involving energy fields around and inside the human bodies that are altered by energy-healers for a health benefit. Examples are chakra balancing, Reiki, external qi gong, and therapeutic touch.
- Whole-medical systems – are complete medical systems often evolved earlier than conventional medicine. Examples are Homeopathy, naturopathy, Ayurveda and traditional Chinese’s medicine.
Biological based practices and mind-body medicines are the most commonly used alternative therapies.
5 Effective Diabetes Alternative Treatments
Natural treatment for diabetes is not effective unless it is supported by exercise, carb restriction, increased fiber intake, stress reduction, restful sleep, and losing weight. There is no cure of diabetes and any such claim of curing is misleading. However, it is possible to achieve blood sugar within a healthy non-diabetic range.
Here we provide you few diabetes natural treatments proved effective in diabetes treatment. You can combine them together to improve its effectiveness as complementary or integrative therapy.
1. Diabetes Herbal - also called botanical medicine utilizing plants parts such as seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark, or flowers to control blood sugar. Herbal medicine has its origins in ancient cultures including those of the Egyptians, American Indians and Chinese. Herbal medicine contain phyto-chemical nutrients evoke responses in our body to balance, heal and restore health. Additionally it nourishes kidney, liver, eye, and hearts; organs under risk towards diabetes complications. For more information on diabetes herbal treatment, visit Gymnema Sylvestre, Salacia Oblonga, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, Fenugreek, Ginseng and Aloe vera.
2. Diabetes homeopathy – treats each person as a unique individual with the aim of stimulating their own healing ability. You should select the most appropriate medicine based on your individual specific symptoms (their body, mind, spirit, and emotions). Homeopathy believed to be working by stimulating body's own healing mechanisms. For example, in case of infection homeopathy seems to be work by stimulating the body's antibody production. For more information on diabetes homeopathy treatment, visit diabetes homeopathy.
3. Diabetes Yoga - Yoga refers to be the traditional physical and mental disciplines with healing power originated in India some 5000 years ago. Yoga poses can balance body, mind, & spirit. Yoga help to regulate the nervous system by increasing vagal tone or the body’s ability to successfully respond to stress. The vagal tone starts at the base of the skull and travels throughout the body, touching the respiratory, digestive, and nervous systems. It support diabetes treatment by activating glandular systems responsible for the illness. For more detailed information on yoga sets for diabetes treatment, visit diabetes yoga.
4. Acupressure Diabetes Healing - came from traditional Chinese medicine. According to acupressure, a block in the flow of chi (vital energy) results in disease. To release this blockage or to restore normal energy flow, specific acupoint should be stimulated. By putting physical pressure on the right acupressure points, you can get rid of various diseases including diabetes. To learn more about acupoints for diabetes treatment, visit acupressure diabetes healing.
5. Reflexology Diabetes Massage - Our body organs have reflex points on our foot and hands. My manipulating these points with gentle firm massage, you can stimulate the organ to work to its full efficiency. By massaging organs associated with diabetes to restore normal blood sugar, additionally bring back wellness and prevent/heal diabetes complications. To learn more about reflex points for diabetes treatment, visit reflexology diabetes massage.
Alternative, Complementary & Integrative Diabetes Treatment
BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine survey shows 46 % utilize it solely for their diabetes control.
What is Alternative medicine? Alternative medicine is the term for a wide variety of practices, products, and therapies that is used in place of conventional (mainstream) medicine. Examples of alternative practices include herbal, homeopathy, yoga, acupuncture, and reflexology.
What is complementary medicine? Complementary medicine is the term for treating by a group (i.e. more than one) of alternative therapies that one compliments the other for better efficacy. Example of complementary medicine include herbal & homeopathy or a combination of herb, homeopathy, yoga, acupressure and reflexology.
What is integrative medicine? Integrative medicine is the term for a combination of alternative (or complementary) therapy and conventional medicine. It is ultimately superior to a single model approach of treatment, which provides safer, faster, and more efficient treatment. Example diabetes control using medicine (or insulin) and alternative medicine (one of the herb, homeopathy, yoga, acupressure or reflexology) or complementary medicine (combination of herb, homeopathy, yoga, acupressure and/or reflexology).
It is always preferable to go for integrative medicine that is along with your conventional treatment (diabetes medicine or insulin) try only one alternative medicine. You should do more testing to know how effective is your alternative treatment? This helps to modify your conventional medicine dosage. For example, alone with your conventional treatment you can introduce homeopathy. Why you should choose homeopathy first? Because skeptics often consume entire bottle of homeopathic medicine to prove it as placebo. This confirms that homeopathy is 100% free from side effects, so you can try without any worry. If you chosen correct homeopathy remedy for diabetes, then your blood sugar drops. So you must be more vigilant and should adjust your conventional medicine dosage accordingly.
During initial stages of natural diabetes treatment, you should be vigilant on your blood-glucose level, because it may drops to hypoglycemia. If the glucose level is drop consistently, proportionally you can reduce your oral medication or insulin.
Once you are satisfies with the result and after your blood sugar stabilized, then you can try conventional and complementary treatment (i.e. adding another alternative therapy). For example, you can add herbal medicine to lower your blood sugar along with homeopathy and conventional treatment. In a similar way you can add more natural treatments until your blood sugar normalizes. In the case of type 2 diabetes, you can add more natural treatment (homeopathy, herb, yoga, acupressure & then reflexology) until you can totally eliminate the use of medication. In the case of type 1 diabetes, you can add many natural treatment until your blood sugar returns to normal non-diabetic blood sugar level, you can reduce the insulin dose but it is impossible to totally eliminate insulin.
An alternative therapy, which is effective for your friend or relative, may be ineffective for you. Be careful, improper diabetes control can lead to life-threatening complications.
Benefits of diabetes alternative treatments
Alternative medicine practitioners claim there are no or mild side effects in alternative medicine treatment. This natural treatment rejuvenates pancreas to function normally, thus insulin secretion and sensitivity improve.
BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine survey shows 64 % of diabetes alternative medicine users using it to manage diabetes complications.
Alternative treatment not only helps diabetes treatment; furthermore, it helps to avoid or even heal diabetes complications such as nerve damage, eye, kidney, heart diseases, and stroke. Additionally, it can lower cholesterol level, blood pressure, improve digestion, and detoxify your system (i.e. improves your overall wellness – you feel healthy, energetic, and young).