Many patients found diabetes acupressure has decreased the severity of their diabetes by normalizing Qi flow to organs causing diabetes.
If you are new to acupressure and want to get the maximum benefit, then we advise you to gain some basic knowledge on acupressure, for that read below articles.
- Acupressure & Meridian
- Acupressure and its modern perception
- Acupressure treatment scopes
- Acupressure does and doesn't
- Acupressure technique
- Cun in acupressure
Acupuncture may be effective in treating diabetes also in preventing and managing complication of the disease.
How is diabetes acupressure normalizing the blood sugar level?
Acupressure means applying gentle pressure on precise, predefined acupressure points called acupoint. Acupressure stimulates the central nervous system (that is brain and spinal cord) to release chemicals which in-turn released hormones that influence the body’s natural healing, promotes physical and emotional well-being. In the same manner, acupressure treatment helps to normalize the blood glucose level naturally without any side effects, but also it promotes physical and mental health.
Diabetes by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
TCM considers the cause of diabetes is because of internal organ fault or other mental reasons. They diagnose three types of diabetes syndrome and the treatment of diabetes according to these types. TCM also uses acupressure treatment for diabetes.
In TCM, diabetes is a depletion-thirst disease, which has below characters.
- Polydipsia (urge to drink more fluids),
- polyphagia (eating too much),
- polyuria (urinate large volumes of urine)
- emaciation (become lean because of losing of fat and muscle tissue)
TCM Diabetes causes
As per TCM causes of diabetes are.
- Because of over-eating of greasy foods or too much of alcohol consumption, which leads to spleen and stomach damage, which consumes food and body fluids finally leads to diabetes.
- Anxiety, anger and mental depression can affect liver by causing stagnation of liver Qi. It produces evil heat, which consumes body fluids, finally, leads to diabetes.
- Kidney deficiency caused by excessive indulgence in sex or congenital essence defect causes a deficiency of the kidney Qi, which in turn fails to do the normal bladder role, so excess urine discharged (polyuria).
TCM Diabetes diagnosis
Traditional Chinese medicine identifies three types of diabetes diagnosis, they are Upper-Warmer depletion-thirst, middle-warmer depletion-thirst, and lower-warmer depletion-thirst
Acupressure Diabetes Healing
Every person living with diabetes knows there is no cure for diabetes. However, people who have undergone acupressure diabetes healing find improvement in their blood glucose or sugar level after their acupressure treatment. Acupressure uses different pressure points in the body to stimulate the internal healing process that improves a person's health and well-being.
Is Diabetes acupressure (acupuncture) safe?
Acupressure is safe; there is no publication showing any serious complications, despite millions of treatments every year. After proper training, self-acupressure treatment is effective and risk-free. Even though, vigorous acupressure may cause bruising in sensitive individuals.