Diabetes Symptoms Men
Diabetes symptoms of men and women are the same; however, certain diabetes symptoms are unique to male. Learn men’s diabetes symptoms.
Diabetes symptoms unique to men
There are few diabetes symptoms, which are specific to men; they are:
- Lowering of strength due to muscle mass loss.
- Repeated thrush around your genitals.
- Penis itching
- Erection problems – erectile dysfunction
Along with the above diabetes symptoms of men, you also have general diabetes symptoms common to both men and women.
Diabetes symptoms men explained
- Lowering of strength due to muscle mass loss – if your blood glucose level remains elevated for longer time. Your body will break down fat and muscles for their energy requirement, thus loss of muscle mass and strength. It is more noticeable in type 1 diabetes; it also affects longer undiagnosed and untreated type 2 diabetes.
- Repeated thrush around your genitals – is due to yeast infection, which easily affects if blood glucose levels are elevated. It is because; sugar is passes out via the urine. Genital thrush is characterize by redness, swelling, and/or itching on or around your penis, unpleasant odor with white curd-like appearance between your penis and skin, and soreness during sex.
- Erection problems – erectile dysfunction is due to elevated blood glucose level for extended period. It is causing due to damage to nerves in the penis due to untreated diabetes. Erectile dysfunction is characterize by either unable to achieve or maintain a sufficient erection.