The human eye is the vital organ of vision. Eye, eye is the wonderful sensory organs, through which we are seeing this amazing world, protect ourselves from accidents and express our feelings.
Healthy eyesight is vital for well-being and important to retain independence and quality of life, as we get older.
Importance of Eye & Vision
- Make to see this amazing world of beauty – rainbows, mountain, seashores, etc. In addition, helps to feel it and enjoy it.
- Protects from injuries – helps to prevent accidents of any form during driving, during work, during playing, etc.
- Eye muscles that adjust and help to see things those are close up, far away, bigger things, smaller things, brighter objects, darker objects, colored or black/white and more.
- Helps to express our feelings (sad and happy), tears also helps to clean the eye.
- It starts working immediately at wake up and stop working at sleep.
- It fetches a lot of information around the world – shapes, colors, movements and more.
How common are the eye problems?
It is estimated that 51 per cent of the population overall has at least one eye problem. This figure rises to 87 per cent of people aged over 45 years.
Uncorrected refractive error (URE) is the most common cause of vision impairment in Australia. Refractive errors are optical defects that result in light not properly focused on the eye’s retina.
The most common are hypermetropia (long sightedness), myopia (short sightedness) astigmatism (uneven focus), and presbyopia (an age-related problem with a near focus).
The major causes of blindness and vision loss in Australia are the eye diseases: age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract, diabetic retinopathy.
Eyes are amazing; protect it from damage of any form. So, come on let us take a tour and gain knowledge about the eye, its vision, how to care tips, disorders, diagnosis, causes, symptoms, and treatment by modern and alternative medicines.
Eye & Eye problem information available here
Come On let us see detailed information on Eye, such as eye anatomy, eye sight, baby eye vision, eye care professionals, eye myths & facts, importance of eye exam, eye symptoms kids & adults. Eye problems, such as myopia nearsightedness, hyperopia farsightedness, eye astigmatism, lazy eye, presbyopia, colorblindness, strabismus eye, dry eye problem, eye glaucoma, cataract eyes, age macular degeneration, retinal detachment, Retinitis pigmentosa, Eye infections, and Eye allergies. Moreover, its treatment by home remedies, modern and alternative medicines.
Just like a book you can go to previous and next pages by clicking the below links; for example, from this page, go to next page by clicking “Eye Anatomy ›”