Eye massages are worthwhile for eye problems by relieving, firming, and healing the eye. It is also good for preserving normal eye health.
Eye Relief Healing massages
Eye massage can increase blood circulations inside the eye, and thus most of the eye problem can relieve by its own by self-healing. Some of the valuable eye massages are:
- Acupressure Eye healing massage
- Naturopathic Eye firming massage
- Do-In Eye massage techniques
- o Chinese’s scalp rubbing for eye relief
- o Palm eye firming massage
- o Stroking eyebrow’s technique
- o Ironing the face technique
Acupressure Eye healing
Acupressure has been around for thousands of years introduced by the Chinese.
How to do Eye Acupressure: Exert heavy finger pressure on each of the points surrounding the eyes for 10 seconds. Next, rub each point for 5 seconds. Any pain stands for eye weakness. Healthy eyes have no pain, even under heavy finger pressure. If your eyes are weak, spend more time on eye massage. Next with the pads of the first three fingertips, press lightly on closed eyelids for 30 seconds - this helps nearsighted. Finish with the Eye Palming: Rub hands together until warm and place-cupped palms over both eyes for 30 seconds. Imagine dark black. Feel your mind and eyes relaxing. Perform Eye palming daily; it is restful and healing for the eyes, mind, and entire body.
Naturopathic Eye firming
- Step l. Place the palm of each hand on the bony ridge above each eye, press hard on the brow and move the skin up-and-down, side-to-side and in small circles. Perform twelve times with each area.
- Step 2: Place your open palms on each side of your temples. Move the skin up and down, forward and back and in a circular motion a dozen times each.
- Step 3: Place your fingers on each cheekbone under the eyes, while moving the skin up and down, right and left, a dozen or more times each. "If you faithfully carry these instructions out it will prove important in restoring your vision."
Do-In Eye Massage
Zen masters practice a form of self-healing massage called Do-In (Doe-Inn). Do-In is a chi-energy technique, which combines with Chi Kung breathing movements to revive and regenerate the body, mind, emotions, and spirit, harmonizing all levels of being with the rhythm of life. Do-In, practiced daily helps one to keep balance and harmony in life. It helps keep one centered, grounded, and focused in life.
Chinese Scalp Rubbing for Eye relief
Sit straight and relax mind and body. Simply rub your scalp with fingers slowly from the front to back, and in small circles for 30 to 60 seconds. This helps to clear the heart of toxins, relax the brain, calm nerves, invigorate the scalp, and improve eyesight by bringing blood circulation to the head and eye region. Scalp massage lessens tension and stress. It is better, if you exchange scalp massage with your partner or friend. It is more relaxing and soothing when someone else does it for you.
Palm Eye firming
Close eyes slightly and 'knead' closed eyelids over eyeballs with the inside your palms. Circle palms 16 times clockwise and 16 times counterclockwise. Next, place palms on the eyes and move up and down 16 times, and side to side 16 times. This is from my experience, the best eye massage for all conditions: Nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism. It also helps to prevent eye diseases of the middle-aged and elderly.
Stroking Eyebrows Technique
Place thumbs on temple and stroke eyebrows with second knuckle of each forefinger, over eyebrows. Rub 16 times, close your eyes, and use light and even pressure. This helps to clear the eyes, regulate the nerve role, prevents hardening of cerebral arteries, and degenerative eye diseases.
Ironing the Face Technique
Scrub the face with open palms from the forehead, down to the chin, and up to the ears in a circular motion for 16 times. The Chinese Taoists' call this as "Ironing the Face," it helps to remove wrinkles, brings fresh blood to the eyes, and improves ones' complexion.