Angiotension II Antagonists
Angiotensin antagonists shield blood vessels from angiotensin II, which result in blood vessels widening and thus lowers blood pressure.
Angiotension II antagonists medication
- Atacand (generic name: Candesartan)
- Avapro (generic name: Irbesartan)
- Benicar (generic name: Olmesartan)
- Cozaar (generic name: Losartan)
- Diovan (generic name: Valsartan)
- Micardis (generic name: Telmisartan)
- Teveten (generic name: Eprosartan)
Avoid Angiotension II antagonists
Avoid Angiotension II antagonists, if
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Have kidney disease, liver disease, low blood volume, or low salt in their blood should talk to their doctor regarding the risks of taking these medications.
- Taking diuretics (water pills) should talk to their doctor regarding the risks of taking these medications.
Angiotension II antagonists side effects
Sore throat, sinus complaints, heartburn, dizziness, back pain and diarrhea.
Angiotension II antagonists warning signs
Consult doctor immediately if you are having breathing problems, fainting, swelling of the face, throat, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or legs.