Hypertension Home Remedies
Lowering blood pressure by following simple home remedies such as; maintaining healthy weight, eating a right diet, increase physical activity (blood pressure exercise), reducing salt intake (replace with potassium salt), quit smoking and limit alcohol.
How do you lower blood pressure without medication?
Most of the people with high blood pressure can control their blood pressure by following few simply home remedies to lower blood pressure. If someone’s blood pressure is still not controlled, you can take hypertension medication for some time until the pressure reaches normal healthy blood pressure range. Thereafter slowly, try reducing your medication dosage, once the BP stabilizes then you can quit hypertension medication and continue following home remedies.
Hypertension Home Remedies
Everyone, who is diagnosing as hypertension should follow the home remedy that is few lifestyle modifications. Hypertension needs to adhere with hypertension home remedies, which helps the medication to work effectively as well as helps to lower your risk towards hypertension complications.
- Reduce sodium intake to less than 1500 mg/day. Dietary sodium reduction of 1800 mg/day helps to improve hypertension treatment, reduction (13%) in cardiovascular disease, and blood pressure drop by an amount of 5.1/2.7 mmHg. Visit hypertension salt for more details.
- Healthy food - high in fresh fruits, vegetables & greens, low-fat dairy products, moderate quantities of soluble fiber, whole grains and protein from plant sources, low quantities of saturated fat & cholesterol. Visit hypertension diet for more details.
- Do regular exercises – of 30 to 60 minutes of moderate intensity exercise for four to seven days per week? Visit hypertension exercise for more details.
- Try to achieve or maintain normal body weight (BMI 18.5-24.9 kg/m2). Maintain healthy waist circumference (Men below 102 cms and Women below 88 cms). Visit hypertension weight loss for more details.
- Stop tobacco usage in any form as well as maintain tobacco-free environment. Visit hypertension smoking for more details.
- Your alcohol consumption should not be more than two standard drinks per day or 14 drinks per week for men (or nine drinks per week for women or lean person). Limit alcohol consumption, too much of alcohol can raise your blood pressure. On the other hand, stop or limiting alcohol can help lower your blood pressure. Visit hypertension alcohol for more details.
- Stress management – in case of many hypertension patients, stress is an important contributing factor for elevation in blood pressure. Cognitive-behavioral-therapy and relaxation techniques can help a lot in better hypertension management. Visit hypertension stress management for more details.