Sleep Apnea Complications
If sleep apnea is untreated, then it can lead to many medical complications such as hypertension, heart attack, stroke, diabetes and many more.
What are the sleep-apnea effects?
- It increases the chances of developing high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, obesity, and diabetes
- It increases the risk for or worsens heart failure
- Causes irregular heartbeats
- It increases the chances of having an accident at work places or during driving.
- Frequent oxygen levels drops and reduced sleep quality induce the release of stress hormones. It raises heart rate and increases the risk for high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, and irregular heartbeats. It also raises the risk for or worsens heart failure.
Untreated sleep apnea can change the way the body uses energy, and it increases the risk for obesity and diabetes.
Lifestyle modification, mouthpieces, surgery, and/or breathing devices can successfully treat sleep apnea in many people.