Insomnia is a common disorder that is one in three adults have insomnia sometimes, and 1 in 10 adults have chronic insomnia.
Insomnia affects women more often than men. The condition can occur at any age. However, why older adults are more likely to get insomnia than a younger one? They are having more chances of having pain (due to physical deterioration), stress, and too much responsibility.
What are insomnia risks?
- Have a lot of stressful life.
- Depressed or who have another emotional distress, such as divorce or death of a spouse.
- Have low incomes.
- Work at night or have frequent major shift chances in their work hours.
- Travel long distances with time changes.
- Have certain medical conditions or sleep disorders that can disrupt sleep. For more information, see “ Insomnia causes”
- Have an inactive lifestyle.