Restless Legs Syndrome risk factors
Ads by Google
Certain factors (such as genetics, gender, age and many more) contribute for the causes of restless leg syndrome, and it is called as risk factors of RLS.
- Genetic - More than half of the people with RLS have family members with this condition.
- Gender - women are more likely to have it than men are.
- Age - cases of RLS increases with age. Many diagnose as RLS in their middle age; however, 40 % of RLS cases start before 20 years. People with RLS early in their life usually have a family history of RLS.
- Other health conditions - certain diseases/conditions or medications have more chances to develop RLS.
- Pregnancy - RLS is common in pregnant-women usually develops during the last three months of pregnancy. Mostly, the symptom improves or disappears after giving birth. However, some may continue to have it after giving birth.
Ads by GoogleRELATED POSTS