Acupressure treatment can enhance health and well-being, prevents the development of illness, and provides treatment by improving self-healing property of the body.
Influences of Acupressure treatment
Acupressure influences three areas of health:
- Promotion of health and well-being,
- Prevention of illness,
- Treatment of various medical conditions
Acupressure can be effective as the supporting or assist to other medical systems of treatment in many medical and surgical disorders.
Conditions that can be treated by Acupressure
- Digestive disorders are gastritis, hyperacidity, spastic colon, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Respiratory disorders are common cold, tonsillitis, asthma, bronchitis, and sinusitis.
- Emotional problems are anxiety, depression, insomnia, nervousness, and neurosis.
- Neurological effects are headaches, migraines, bladder dysfunction, parkinson's disease, and stroke.
- Musculoskeletal problems are muscles cramping, muscle pain & weakness, neck pain, arthritis, back pain, and sciatica.
- Gynecological complaints are premenstrual syndrome, menopausal symptoms, and infertility.
- Miscellaneous conditions are blood pressure regulation, chronic fatigue, immune system enhancement, stress reduction, and addiction control.
Acupuncture is particularly helpful in resolving physical problems related to tension, stress, and emotional conditions.
Number of needed Acupressure treatment
For complex or chronic conditions, one or two treatments a week for several months may recommend. For simple or acute problems, fewer visits are enough.
Side effects of acupressure treatments
Usually not, but in some cases there may be some original symptom worsen for few days of treatment. That too is an indication of that the acupressure is started working. It is quite common with the first one or two acupressure treatments to have a sensation of deep relaxation or even mild disorientation. This disappears within a short time, and never requires anything more than a just rest to overcome.