During homeopathic diagnosis, your homeopathic doctor request you to explain the symptoms you are experiencing that includes physical, psychic and mental.
If your homeopathic visit is for the treatment of chronic disease (long-standing health condition) then your doctor will ask you more about your history, past health conditions you experienced.
What will happen during a homeopathic visit?
All of the person’s symptoms, whether physical, mental, or emotional represent a state of imbalance specific to individual. The goal of the homeopath is to recognize the unique pattern of symptoms and to identify the remedy most closely matches that specific pattern.
- A comprehensive thorough initial homeopathic consultation can last up to one and a half hours.
- Homeopathic doctor request you to explain symptoms you are suffering, he will closely follow your explanation without interfering.
- Homeopath will ask various questions to explore all aspects of your life including the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual to know more about you as an individual.
- His question will relate to your moods, health influencing factors, your likes & dislikes, and your medical & family history.
- Many of these questions may look irrelevant and unimportant; however, they are vital for him to search for disharmony patterns, individualized picture, and how it affecting life.
- In case of the treatment for a new born or young child, your homeopath will ask question regarding pregnancy, birth and postnatal events.
- After this question session, if your condition is a acute (sudden onset illness) then your doctor may provide you with a homeopathic remedy to heal the illness.
- If your condition is a chronic (long-lasting illness), your doctor request you to comeback after a week or two. In the meantime, he will research your case to find a remedy that best answers your illness.
- You doctor may schedule a follow-up visit after 2 to 4 weeks of taking the remedy to confirm how well the medicine clear your condition. If there is no improvement in the condition then you homeopath may ask further question to again choosing a well-suited remedy.
The difference between homeopathy and conventional medicine is in homeopathy they treat the whole person along with the illness; rather than just treating the physical and/or emotional symptoms in isolation. Homeopathy takes into account a whole person; physical as well as emotional symptoms. We underestimate the importance of emotion; how joy (laughter) feeling can keep you in good health and grief (sadness), grief, depression, anger or anxiety can derail your health (cause illness).
Homeopathy is a highly individualized healthcare system; thus, no two patients with the same diagnosis and similar symptoms will receive different remedy. For example, two patients with hay fever with physical symptoms of sneezing, running nose, sore throat, and itching eye. These two patients may receive different remedy based on their personalities, lifestyle, cause and modalities. This is the reason why homeopathy remedies not successfully proved scientifically (clinical study).
Health conditions suitable for homeopathic treatment
Homeopathic treatment is suitable and strongly indicated for every disease, which last for long time (chronic conditions) and for those keep recurring repeatedly. Some of these conditions are allergic, metabolic, hormonal, autoimmune, psychosomatic, neurological, psychiatric, infections, etc.
Health conditions unsuitable for homeopathic treatment
Homeopathic treatment is best to avoid as a choice for critical conditions requiring urgent care such as severe infection, heart attacks, accidents, condition requiring true surgical intervention, cancers, etc.