Homeopathic Medicine Sources
Sources of homeopathic medicines are mostly from natural substance and even prepared by exposing to some unnatural energy sources.
Sources of Homeopathic preparation
Homeopathic medicines are prepared from six major sources; they are,
- Plant Kingdom – about 60% of the homeopathic medicines are from herbal parts. Whole plant or specific part of the plant such as leaves, roots, flowers, seeds and fruits are used. All type of plants including poisonous and carnivorous are used. Example homeopathic preparations from plants are Pulsatilla nigra, Bryonia Alba, Aconite napellus, Belladona, Gelsemium, Coffea cruda, Rhus toxicodendron, etc.
- Minerals – about 20% of the homeopathic medicines are from minerals such as metals, non-metals and other compounds. Example homeopathic preparations from minerals are Aurum metallicum from gold, Kali carbonicum from potassium, Natrum muriaticum from table salt, and Silica from sand.
- Animals Kingdom – few homeopathic medicines are prepared from certain animals products; however, without killing animals. These homeopathic preparations are mostly their venom; such as snake poison, spider poison, etc. Example homeopathic preparations from animal are Tarantula hispania from spider poison, Lachesis from Pit viper venom, Bufo rana poison of the Toad, Naja naja from cobra poison, Crolatus horridus from rattlesnake venom, Bothrops from yellow viper, etc.
- Diseased tissues or secretions – Nosodes are homeopathic preparations made from bodily tissues and fluids (including faeces, blood, pus, discharges, and saliva) taken from patients suffering from a disease (e.g. measles, anthrax, tuberculosis). Example homeopathic preparations from diseased tissues are Ambra grisea is supposed to be a disease-product derived from the whale, Tuberculinum is from sterilized tuberculosis bacteria, Variolinum is pus from smallpox pustule, etc.
- Hormones – some homeopathic medicines are prepared from secreted by human or animal. Example homeopathic preparations from hormonal secretions are Thyroidinum from thyroid hormone and Adreanline from adrenaline.
- Radiations – Imponderables are remedies usually made from energy sources or energy fields. Example homeopathic preparations from radiations are x-ray, magnetism, radiation, etc.