Hippocratic tradition of "First, does no harm" is the base over which homeopathy developed. The Physician’s high and only mission is to restore the sick to health, to cure, as it is termed - Samuel Hahnemann
Principles of Homeopathy
The doctrines of homeopathy are as below:
- Law of Similars: A substance produces symptoms of illness in a healthy person when administered in large doses; this same substance in minute quantity when administered will cure the disease in a sick person with similar symptoms.
- Doctrine of drug proving: Proving is a term for the testing of a substance on healthy human volunteers to find symptoms it produces and therefore the substance can help treat illness with these similar symptoms.
- Theory of Vital Force - Vital force is the existence of a spirit like energy drives the living body. A healthy vital force maintains healthy mind and bodily. Disease could be due to dynamic morbid derangement, disorder, or disturbance in the rhythm of vital force.
- Law of Simplex (Single Remedy): Accurate single homeopathic remedy is effective for the patient at any given time.
- Law of Individualization: Treat the patient not just the disease is the most important doctrine of homeopathy. The doctor who tries to get a complete picture of the patient should look for their symptoms, modalities, patient’s likes and disliked, etc. to arriving an individualized remedy.
- Law of minimum dose: states the medicines should select to its minimum dose only with the amount of energy it needs to correct this present imbalance. Homeopathy considers the human organism as a vital energetic field and disease occurs due to disturbance at this energetic level. Apply a very least amount of energy (from homeopathic remedy) that is requiring stimulating the body to correct itself. Homeopathic remedies are ultra-minute dose, non-toxic, harmless, perfectly safe and sure cure (if properly chosen).
- Doctrine of drug dynamisation (potentization): is the process to convert crude drug substances into powerful dynamic homeopathic remedies. Homeopathy has a unique method of drug preparation from different natural sources of substance in a dilute form devoid of any original substance. This process improves (multiplies) the beneficial property at the same time eliminate poisonous or harmful property.
- Theory of Miasms and Chronic Diseases: Father of homeopathy thought a chronic disease happens to develop when infected with some miasms; these are Psora, Sycosis, and Syphilis. General homoeopathic medicines cannot remove them from our system, and only powerful anti-miasmatic medicines are required to free human body from these deadly infections.
Like other energy medicine such as acupuncture and reiki, homeopathy help rebalance the subtle energy that may preventing the wisdom of healing the illness. Homeopathic remedies supports the wisdom of healing, thus healthy wellness is bring back.