Reflexology is suitable for all age groups, and it brings relief from a wide range of acute and chronic conditions by promoting self-healing. It, furthermore, provides and maintains health and well-being.
After completed a course of reflexology treatment for a specific condition, many people find it beneficial to continue with regular treatments in order to maintain health and well-being.
With ever-increasing levels of stress in our life, Reflexology helps us to cope with this physical, mental and emotional stresses thereby encouraging us to heal from health conditions, as well as maintain health and wellness.
Benefits of Reflexology treatment
For most of the people, reflexology starts showing benefits immediately once, the reflexology professional’s hand starts massaging the foot. However, few experience tiredness, weakness, need to urinate, and so symptoms; that too vanishes in the next session of reflexology massage and there after they can reap the benefits.
- Reduce the Stress - When stressed our body become more susceptible to illness and disease (As per American Medical Association, 85% of illnesses are contributed by stress). Reflexology reduces stress, helping the body regain balance and allowing self-healing. Once the reflexology massage starts, the relaxation begins, which is confirming by EEG brain activity.
- Improved blood Circulation - Blood needs to flow freely to the entire body to carry oxygen and nutrients to the cells and remove the metabolic wastes and other toxins. Many studies show that reflexology increases blood flow to the feet, brain, kidneys, and intestines, because reflexology relaxes the overall body, including cardiovascular system, and thus it pumps blood naturally and easily.
- Stimulates Nerve Function - Reflexology stimulates over 7,000 nerves in the feet and encourages the opening and clearing of neural pathways. Reflexology interrupts pain pathways and reduces pain.
- Improved Immune power - Reflexology induces the lymphatic system thus reduced risk for infection. Reflexology removes toxins and induces the production of endorphins, leading to increase in immune power and sense of well being.
- Increase in Energy level - Reflexology revitalizes energy throughout the body by stimulating and relaxing energy pathways.
- Helps postoperative recovery - Reflexology helps faster recovery after surgery by reducing pain and helps to reduce the use of analgesic.
- Eases Pregnancy & Delivery – Women, who received reflexology experienced shorter labor times compare to others. In addition to this, there is a positive impact on postpartum anxiety, depression, bowel movements, and urination.
Conditions treated with reflexology
This gentle massage therapy may bring relief from a wide range of both acute and chronic conditions. Reflexology has been showing to be effective and assist self-healing in conditions such as:
Allergies, Arthritis, Asthma, Back pains, Blood Pressure abnormalities, Bowel disorders, Constipation, Eczema, Frozen Shoulder, Gynecological problems, Insomnia, Knee pains, Muscle tension, Neck strain, PMS/Hormonal imbalance, Respiratory disorders, Sinusitis, Stress disorders, Thyroid problems and many more.
Reflexology Massages treatment for diseases