Many patients found diabetes acupressure has decreased the severity of their diabetes by facilitating Qi flow to organs causing diabetes.
Acupressure Information: If you are new to acupressure and want to get the maximum benefit, then we advise you to gain some basic knowledge of acupressure. For this, you can read Acupressure & Meridian, Acupressure and its modern perception, Acupressure treatment scopes, Acupressure does and doesn't Acupressure technique and Cun in acupressure.
Acupressure for Diabetes Treatment
Acupuncture is a treatment that has been practiced in traditional Chinese medicine for 2,500 years.
People who have undergone acupressure diabetes treatment find improvement in their blood glucose or sugar level.
How is diabetes acupressure lower the blood sugar level?
Acupressure means applying gentle pressure on precise, predefined acupressure points called acupoint.
Acupressure stimulates the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) to release chemicals which in-turn released hormones that influence the body’s natural healing; promotes physical and emotional well-being.
Studies show that acupuncture can improve both diabetes and its complications.
Acupuncture can support diabetes treatment by lowering blood glucose level, also it prevents and manages diabetes complications.
Diabetes by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
As per TCM, the cause of diabetes is internal organ fault or other mental reasons.
They diagnose three types of diabetes syndrome and they treat diabetes according to these types. TCM use herbs and acupuncture (or acupressure) treatment for diabetes.
In TCM, diabetes is a depletion-thirst disease, which has below characters.
- Polydipsia (urge to drink more fluids),
- Polyphagia (eating too much),
- Polyuria (urinate large volumes of urine)
- Emaciation (become lean because of loss of fat and muscle tissue)
TCM Diabetes Causes
As per TCM, the diabetes causes are.
- Over-eating of greasy foods or too much of alcohol consumption leads to spleen and stomach damage. This consumes food and body fluids, finally leads to diabetes.
- Anxiety, anger and mental depression can affect the liver by causing stagnation of liver Qi. It produces evil heat, which consumes body fluids, finally, leads to diabetes.
- Kidney deficiency caused by excessive indulgence in sex or congenital essence defect causes a deficiency of the kidney Qi, which in turn fails to do the normal bladder role, so excess urine discharged (polyuria).
TCM Diabetes diagnosis
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) refers to diabetes as Wasting-Thirst syndrome.
The most common signs of diabetes are excessive thirst, hunger, and urination, which is respectively associated with the upper, middle, and lower aspects of the body.
TCM categories diabetes into 3 groups they are:
- Upper-Warmer depletion-thirst - Heat in the lungs, which has the primary sign of excessive thirst. The pulse is thin. The tongue is red and dry with a thin yellow coat.
- Middle-warmer depletion-thirst - Excessive of Stomach Fire. The primary sign is excessive hunger. The pulse is forceful and rapid. The tongue is red with a yellow coat.
- Lower-warmer depletion-thirst - Kidney Yin Deficiency. The primary sign is excessive urination. The pulse is rapid and thin. The tongue is red with little coating.
Is Diabetes acupressure safe?
Caution: Don’t discontinue conventional treatment while trying acupressure treatment.
Discontinuing conventional treatment for acupuncture therapy recently led to the death of a 30year old type 1 diabetes patient from India. Reference: The Huffington Post 2014.
Acupressure is safe; there is no publication showing any serious complications.
After proper training, self-acupressure treatment is effective and risk-free. Even though, vigorous acupressure may cause bruising in sensitive individuals.