Preventing hypoglycemia is possible if one is strict in their diabetes care or management, also should know the symptoms of hypoglycemia to correct it at mild stage.
Tips to Prevent Hypoglycemia
- People with diabetes should take diabetes medications of recommended doses in times.
- People with diabetes should eat regular meals in time, and try not to skip meals or snacks.
- Snacks are particularly important for some people before going to sleep or exercising.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, especially on an empty stomach, can cause hypoglycemia, even a day or two later.
- Intensive diabetes management - keeping blood-glucose level as close to the normal range as possible to prevent long-term complications, can increase the risk of hypoglycemia (talk with a health care provider about ways to prevent hypoglycemia)
- As diabetic, you should know the symptoms of hypoglycemia to correct it when it is mild.
- If you are a parent of diabetes child, you should know the symptom of hypoglycemia also teach those who are closely associated or responsible for your child’s care, such as school nurse, teacher, friends, school van driver, etc.