As per Traditional Chinese Medicine, the treatment for diabetes is of three categories. Based on the respected category of symptoms, the treatment will be decided (and provided) for effective healing. If your diabetes symptoms, predominantly from lung’s origin (that is cold, breathing related), then you are considered to have the upper warmer depletion-thirst disease.
The author suggests you read the symptoms of all the three depletion-thirst diseases. Then only you can be able to decide, what category of depletion-thirst disease you belong? Once you confirm your category, you follow the acupressure treatment plan of that particular depletion-thirst disease.
Acupuncture may be effective in treating diabetes also in preventing and managing complication of the disease.
Upper-warmer depletion-thirst diabetes acupressure
The excessive heat of the lungs ( an organ at the upper part of the body) that consumes (depletion) the lung’s yin.
Symptoms of Upper-warmer depletion-thirst diabetes: The symptoms are thick nasal discharge, tender sinus area, heat signs (such as flushed face, severe thirst accompanied by mouth and tongue dryness, feelings of heat, etc.), reddened tip and margin of the tongue with thin, yellow coating, full and rapid pulse.
The treatment goal for Upper-warmer depletion-thirst diabetes: Remove excess heat from the lungs by purging fire and replenish the body fluids.
6 Diabetes acupressure points for Upper-warmer depletion-thirst diabetes
Upper-warmer depletion-thirst acupressure point is for diabetes individuals with thirst predominated.
- LI 4, LI 11 & GV 14 - used together to clear heat. Location: LI 4 - Between the 1st and 2nd metacarpal bones on the dorsum of the hand, in the middle of the 2nd metacarpal bone on the radial side. Expels Wind, tones qi, strengthens immunity, heal pain, normalizes the face & head area, and induces labor. Useful for Wind-Heat conditions (flu). LI 4 is known as the pain point, it removes pain anywhere in the body.
- LI 11 – Location: With the elbow flexed, the point is on the lateral end of the transverse cubital crease when the elbow flexed. The point is at midpoint between LU 5 and the lateral epicondyle of the humerus. This point helps to clears Heat, cools Blood, resolves dampness, expels, exterior Wind, regulates Qi and Blood, activates meridian, relieves itching.
- GV 14 – Location: In the depression below the spinous process of the 7th cervical vertebra (C7). This point can clear heat, dispels wind, regulates Wei and Ying Qi, treats malaria. This point is useful in treating summer heat.
- LU 7 - restore the LU Qi. Location: 1.5 cun above the wrist crease, superior to the styloid process of the radius. Expels Wind, helps descend Lung Qi, useful for the head & neck area, and good for the bladder.
- LU 10 - fire point of the LU, clears lung heat. Location: in a radial aspect of the first metacarpal at the midpoint of the bone at the junction of the red and white skin. This point is useful in clearing Lung Heat, benefits the throat.
- LU 9 - Tone LU Qi and Yin. Location: wrist crease on the radial side of the radial artery. This point tones Lung Qi & Yin, resolves phlegm, descends Lung Qi, tones Gathering Qi, and influences the pulse.
If your symptoms confirm you as a diabetes of upper-warmer-depletion-thirst disease, then you can start acupressure treatment. Now you should stimulate acupoint, learn; How do you stimulate Acupoint for diabetes healing?