The human eye is the vital organ of vision. Eye, the eye is the beautiful sensory organs, through which we see this fantastic world, protect ourselves from accidents, and express our feelings.
Healthy eyesight is vital for well-being and essential to retain independence and quality of life, as we get older.
Importance of Eye & Vision
- Make to see this fantastic world of beauty – rainbows, mountain, seashores, etc. Also, it helps to feel it and enjoy it.
- Protects from injuries – helps to prevent accidents of any form during driving, during work, during playing, etc.
- Eye muscles adjust the lens to see things closer & farther, bigger & smaller, brighter & darker, colored or black/white and more.
- Helps to express our feelings (sad and happy), tears also help to clean the eye.
- It starts working immediately at wake up and stops working at sleep.
- It fetches a lot of information around the world – shapes, colors, movements, and more.
How common are the eye problems?
Estimation shows that about 51 % of the overall population has at least one eye problem. This figure rises to 87 % of people aged over 45 years.
Uncorrected refractive error (URE) is the most common cause of vision impairment in Australia. Refractive errors are optical defects that result in light not correctly focused on the eye’s retina. Common among them are longsightedness, shortsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
The significant cause of blindness and vision loss in Australia are due to age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract, and diabetic retinopathy.
Eyes are amazing; protect it from the damage of any form. So, come on let us take a tour and gain knowledge about the eye, its vision, how to care tips, disorders, diagnosis, causes, symptoms, and treatment by modern and alternative medicines.
Eye & Eye problem information available here
Come On let us see detailed information on Eye, such as eye anatomy, eyesight, baby eye vision, eye care professionals, eye myths & facts, the importance of eye exam, eye symptoms kids & adults.
Some common eye problems are:
- myopia (nearsightedness),
- hyperopia (farsightedness),
- lazy eye,
- dry eye,
- cataract eyes,
- macular degeneration,
- retinal detachment,
- Retinitis pigmentosa,
- Eye infections, and
- Eye allergies.
Moreover, its treatment by home remedies, modern and alternative medicines.
Just like a book, you can go to previous and next pages by clicking the below links; for example, from this page, go to the next page by clicking “Eye Anatomy ›.”