Tibetan has used natural methods to correct visual weakness and improve eyesight.
They are peripheral vision technique, Tibetan chart, and eye exercise.
Tibetan eye exercise for vision correction
- Tibetan peripheral vision technique
- Tibetan eye chart
- Eye exercise using Tibetan chart
Tibetan Peripheral Vision Technique
How important is a peripheral vision? Everyone uses peripheral vision while driving, walking, playing sports, at work and at home.
One not using their peripheral vision would end up with "tunnel vision.”
Gazing hard, straightforward, makes the eyes lose the ability to see clearly peripherally (side-vision).
How well do you see on the sides? Before being taught to read, children can see with their side (peripheral) vision clear and sharp. "The normal eye sees one thing BEST, but not one thing only." By developing the "Peripheral" (side vision), one can have "eyes behind the head." Gazing straight (forward) without moving to either side, just pay attention to what is going on "peripherally" on the right and left sides.
- Hold a pencil in each hand, twelve inches in front of the eyes.
- Gaze straight out past the pencils into the "distance,” without looking directly at the pencils. See the pencils with the "Peripheral Vision." Do not look directly at the pencils.
- Move each pencil sloooowly to the sides of each eye, as far as it can be seen them peripherally. Repeat this front-to-side movement at least ten times.
- Next, move the pencils, right hand upward and left hand downward, ten times.
- Next, move the pencil’s right hand diagonally upward, and left hand diagonally downward, ten times.
- Next, move the pencil’s left hand diagonally upward, and right hand diagonally downward, ten times.
- Next, hold pencils twelve inches in front of the eyes and make a circle about two or three feet in diameter, from in front of the eyes, out to the sides.
Keep the eyes looking straight ahead in all Seven Steps? Perform circles clockwise and counterclockwise.
Eye exercise using Tibetan chart
These exercises do without eyeglasses or contacts. Perform each movement for 30 seconds while in a sitting position, spine straight and do not move the head but eyes.
- With the palm of each hand, cup, both closed eyes to relax them.
- Move the eyes clockwise around the outer circle of dots
- Repeat this movement in a counterclockwise rotation
- Move the eyes back and forth between the dots at 2 and 8 o'clock
- Repeat this movement back and forth between dots at 4 and 10 o'clock
- Blink the eyes briefly and finish therapy with the eye palming.
Repeat exercises as desired being careful to avoid strain. Once after beginning the therapy, you try to wear eyeglasses and contacts as little as possible. In time, these crutches will become unnecessary.