An eye infection spreads through contact with the eye drainage, which contains the virus or bacteria that caused the infection.
First step in Eye infection treatments
Touching an infected eye carries drainage with virus or bacteria on the hand. If touching the other eye or other object when having drainage (with virus or bacteria), can be spread to the other eye or spread to another person who contacts and carries the drainage attached with the object. Here are some ways to prevent the spread of eye infections, which is the first step for the treatment of eye infection:
- Wash hands before and after touching the eyes or face (even after putting medicine in the affected eye).
- You should not use or share eye makeup until the infection cures fully. If used makeup product may carry the microbes and re-infect the eyes. In addition, it is advisable to discord the old eye makeup and start using new once after infection cures fully.
- Stop wearing contact lenses until the infection cures fully. Perfect cleaning of contact lenses is necessary before start using it again, and it is advisable to replace the contact lens case.
- Should use cleaner towels, linens, pillows, or handkerchiefs and not to share with others during infection. Perfect washing after infection is advice to prevent re-infection.
- Protect the eye from wind, chemicals (during work), heat, or cold to safeguard against eye irritation.
- Avoid exposing the eyes to any form of contaminated such as dirty water, dusty wind, etc.