Eye Symptoms Children
Any unusual change in the eyes or vision is considering as eye symptoms, which needs further investigation.
Child Eye Symptoms
Eye symptoms in children can be classifying into three categories; they are, eye appearance symptoms, child behavioral eye symptoms and eye symptoms expressed by the child.
Now let us see some common eye problems and their symptoms among children.
Eye’s appearance symptoms
- Crossed eyes (eyes do not coordinate with each other)
- eyelids are red rimmed (inflamed) or swollen
- watery red eye
Child behavioral eye symptoms
- rubs eyes frequently
- closes or covering one eye
- tilts head during seeing
- difficulty reading or doing close work, otherwise holds objects close to eyes to see
- blinking frequently or bad disposition when doing close up work
- blur vision or hard to see
- squints eyes (eyes partly closed or glance sideways)
Eye’s symptoms expressed by the child
- Itching, burning, scratchy or cannot see clearly.
- After a close up work, there is dizziness, headache, or feel sick/nausea.
- Blurred or double vision
The child may still have an eye problem, even if he/she does not have symptoms or complains. Therefore, it is advisable to have an eye exam.