Eye exam helps to early diagnosis of defects, a possibility for eye correction and restoration of proper eye vision.
Importance of having an Eye Examination
The eye examination is a vital health check and should be part of everyone's normal health regime. Here are the important reasons to have a regular eye exam:
- Only have one pair of eyes. Once lost, eyesight may never replace.
- Unlike teeth, eyes do not usually hurt when there is something unusual or wrong.
- Eye exam can help diagnose early signs of potentially eye blinding conditions, such as glaucoma.
- Early problem detection increases the chances of successful treatment. This is particularly true for younger child and the elderly.
- Eye examination can also help to find a number of other underlying health problems, such as hypertension or diabetes.
- Eye exam checks, whether eye vision needs correcting with eyeglasses and determines the best form of correction for the eyesight.
- Proper vision helps to perform efficiently during working and playing, means a better quality of life.
- For young kids, proper eyesight is vital for learning. An eye exam can detect any eyesight problems, which may affect their school performance.
- Failing eyesight is common with people getting older, until by having an eye examination and treating eyesight problems can improve their quality of life.
- Poor eyesight is dangerous, particularly during driving not only to the individual but also to others.
Unless otherwise advised by the doctor should have an eye examination every two years. It may be necessary to have examinations more frequently depending on the age and medical history.