Upper arm blood pressure monitor measures blood pressure and pulse rate. It has two major parts; main unit with digital display and arm cuff with air tube & plug.
Upper-arm blood pressure-monitor
The upper arm blood pressure monitor measures blood pressure and pulse rate simply and quickly. It has two major parts; they are:
- Main unit with digital display to indicate the blood pressure measured.
- In addition, arm cuff with air tube and plug which is wrapping over the upper arm to sense the blood pressure.
- The blood-pressure readings are stored for further reference and treatment.
Upper-arm pressure-monitor usage procedure
- Sit upright with the back straight, remove any tight dress over upper arm, and place the arm on a support so that the cuff will be at the same level as the heart.
- Wrap the arm cuff correctly to get accurate results.
- Measurements can take with light clothing; remove thick clothes, such as sweaters, before taking a reading.
- Take a measurement on either the left or the right arm. The blood pressure can differ between the right and left arm, prefer left arm because it is nearer to the heart.
- Insert the air plug into the air jack on the main unit.
- Put the left arm through the cuff loop.
- The air tube should run down the inside of the forearm and be in line with the middle finger.
- The bottom of the cuff should be approximately one finger above the elbow.
- Press the START button in the main unit.
- Inflation of the cuff starts automatically and determines the ideal inflation level. The unit detects the pulse during inflation. During measurement, remain without any movement in a comfortable position.
- The measurement is complete when the arm cuff fully deflates. Now the Main unit displays the blood pressure and pulse rate.