High blood pressure can control successfully by following hypertension home or lifestyle remedies and reflexology high blood pressure treatment. Reflexology is simple to do, has many benefits without side effects and controls blood pressure.
Reflexology high blood pressure massage
Always better to start the reflexology for high blood pressure treatment with massaging the endocrine glands, followed by organ responsible for the cause & effect by the condition.
Reflexology High blood pressure massage for Endocrine system
- Pituitary gland
- Pineal gland
- Thyroid & Parathyroid gland
- Thymus gland
- Adrenal gland
- Pancreas gland
To know more how to locate and massage endocrine glandular organs, visit reflexology for endocrine system.
Give special attention to the adrenal gland, because it is responsible for stressful situations (i.e. fight or flight).
Massaging adrenal reflex will make it calm, thus helpful in controlling blood pressure variations due to stress. Concentrate on all seven glands, because the hormones secreted by the glands are messages for the total control of the body system.
7 Reflexology areas for hypertension
- Kidneys/adrenal reflex - Inability of the kidneys to excrete sodium lead to edema and raised blood pressure. Adrenal gland is responsible for the fight-or-flight (stress) response. Massaging the adrenal reflex moderate this stress response and lower BP.
- Liver reflex - An overactive renin-angiotensin system leads to vasoconstriction and retention of sodium and water. The increase in blood volume leads to hypertension. Massaging the liver reflex helps moderate renin-angiotensin system that leads to vasodilation and thus lower blood pressure.
- Solar plexus reflex often called as the second brain or abdominal brain. The solar plexus is closely related to the digestive system.
- Lungs reflex – Is responsible for renin-angiotensin system and oxygenation of blood. Thus massaging lungs reflex help lower blood pressure.
- Head/Brain reflex - An overactive sympathetic nervous system, leading to increased stress responses.
- Spinal reflex - A spinal reflex is from the brain all the nerves travel through the spinal cord, thus for proper nervous function, the spinal should be healthy.
- Heart reflex - Proper functioning of heart valves is important for the heart's ability to pump blood through the body.
During the massage, if these reflex areas have pain or numbness, then special attention should be given to that specific area/point.
And a different sensation indicates, there is some problem with that organ. After massaging, if that specific point/area shows any improvement, then increases massage frequency to that location. Otherwise, discard that reflex point from massaging.
Reflexology to avoid high blood pressure complications
- Brain (stroke)
These points are already massaged. Still, you can do it again for a better result. Massaging these reflex points will help avoid complications associated with hypertension. Thus, you are not only controlling the blood pressure but also safeguarding the organ that may be affected.
Is high blood pressure reflexology safe?
You can do reflexology treatment along with your hypertension medication (don't stop it).
If your blood pressure drops after few days of reflexology therapy, then you can reduce the dosage and monitor your blood pressure closely for any raise. If it raises, then change back to your original medicine dosage. In the other hand, if BP reduces further after some days of practice then again you can reduce the drug dose!
People with recent or healing fractures, unhealed wounds, or active gout affecting the foot should avoid reflexology. If you have osteoarthritis affecting the ankle or foot or severe circulation problems in the legs or feet, seek medical consultation before starting reflexology.
Caution should practice in pregnant women, based on reports that rigorous stimulation of the feet may cause contractions of the uterus.