Automatic home blood pressure monitor is required, if have known or suspected high blood pressure, it is important to keep track of the blood pressure levels at home in addition to regular measurements taken at the healthcare professional’s office.
Home blood pressure machine
Blood pressure changes have on well-defined sign or symptoms, so have to measure it to get the facts. Blood pressure normally varies throughout the day; many things can affect blood pressure that includes - emotions, medications, food, and drink can temporarily affect the pressure. Some people may have higher readings at the doctor’s office but normal readings at home, a condition known as white-coat hypertension.
Monitoring the pressure at home can help determine whether really has high blood pressure and if so, whether the treatment plan is working.
Blood pressure monitoring guidelines
Ask the healthcare professionals help to select a suitable home monitor and how to use it. Few basic guidelines are as below:
- Make sure the cuff fits properly: measure around the upper arm and choose a monitor that comes with the correct size cuff.
- Do not smoke, drink caffeine-containing beverages, or exercise within the 30 minutes before measuring Blood pressure.
- Sit with the back straight and supported, feet should be flat on the floor; do not cross the legs. The arm should support on a flat surface with the upper arm at the heart level. Make sure the middle of the cuff is placing directly over the brachial artery. Go through the monitor’s instructions for an illustration or ask the healthcare provider help to show how to use?
- During measurement, take two or three readings a minute apart, and record all the results.
- It is advisable to take the readings at the same time each day.