Most common Signs and Symptoms of sleep apnea are narrowing of airway with blockage in breathing during sleep and daytime sleepiness.
Nigh time Sleep apnea Symptoms
- The most common sleep apnea sign is loud and chronic snoring. They pauses may occur during snoring followed by choking or gasping.
- Usually snoring is loudest when sleep with the back, due to narrowing of the windpipe. Snoring may not happen every night or everyone with sleep apnea.
- Mostly sleep may not disturb during snoring or gasping occurs. Thus, one who had sleep apnea does not able to know their breathing problem. Only family members or bed partner will often notice these problems. Not everyone who snores has sleep apnea.
Daytime Sleep apnea Symptoms
- Morning headaches
- Memory or learning problems or difficult concentrating
- Feeling irritable, depressed or having mood swings
- Wake up with dry throat
- In children, it can cause hyperactivity, poor performance in school, and aggressiveness. They also may have unusual sleeping positions, bedwetting, and may breathe by mouths instead of noses during the day.
- Another common sign of sleep apnea is sleepiness during the daytime and falling asleep when quiet and not active.