Narcolepsy has no known cure. However, lifestyle changes, medications, and other therapies can help to relieve its symptoms. Treatment for narcolepsy based on the type of symptoms and its severity.
Not all medication and home remedies or lifestyle guidelines work for everyone. It may take several weeks to months to find the best treatment.
Lifestyle guidelines or home remedies narcolepsy
Lifestyle guidelines or home remedies can help to relieve some narcolepsy symptoms. Take necessary steps to make it easier to fall asleep at night and stay asleep.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule - go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Be relaxed during bedtime - do some relaxing things at bedtime, such as a warm bath.
- Sleep-friendly bedroom - keep the bedroom at an optimal temperature, quiet, comfortable, dark, and free from distractions, such as a TV or computer.
- Take about 20 minutes to fall asleep or fall back asleep after waking up. If not, get up and do something relaxing, such as reading until get sleepy again.
- Certain foods, and drinks before bedtime can affect normal sleep. Try to avoid those things – avoid large heavy food or beverage, avoid tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine containing beverages.
- Physical activity – regular exercise helps to relieve symptoms, but should not practice within three hours of bedtime.
In addition, author suggested to go through sleep hygiene for effectively relieve narcolepsy symptoms.