To enhance the effectiveness of acupressure treatment it is best to follow certain easy to follow guidelines as said in this page.
To enhance the value of acupressure treatment, following guidelines are important:
- Do not eat an unusually large meal immediately before or after the treatment.
- Do not over exercise, engage in sexual activity, or consume alcoholic beverages within six hours before or after the treatment.
- Plan to get some rest immediately after treatment, or at least not to work at the top performance. This is especially important for the first few treatments.
- Continue to have prescribed medicines as directed by the regular doctor. Substance as illegal drugs and alcohol, especially in the week prior to treatment will deeply interfere with the effectiveness of acupressure treatments.
- Keep good mental or written notes of what the response is to the treatment. This is important for the doctor to know so that the follow-up treatments can design to help the problem.