Auto injector is a special design for those who have difficulty injecting themselves; it automatically inserts the needle and injects the contents.
Auto injector overview
The Auto injector hides the needle prior to injection and has a passive safety mechanism to prevent accidental firing. Injection depth can be variable or fixed, and a function for needle shield removal may be incorporated. At the press of a button, the syringe needle is automatically inserts and delivers the drug. Upon completion of injection some auto injectors have, visual indication to confirm that the full dose has been delivered.
Drug delivery from an auto injector is more controlled and therefore, likely to be more consistent than manual injection.
Auto injector is for anxious peoples
Some people have trouble (anxious) pushing the syringe through their skin. If you are the one, try an automatic injector. It shoots the needle into your muscles at the touch of a button. Some will even release the insulin automatically.
Auto injector usage procedure
Each model of auto injector functions differently and each has their own activation method. So please go through the user manual and also consult your health-care professional, possibly do your first attempt before meeting them.
- First clean the area to be injected with cotton wetted with alcohol.
- Remove the safety cap; do not touch the end of the injector. Since the injector will function into the fingers if any pressure is applier to this end of the injector.
- Hold injector as you would hold a pen and place the tip on your thigh and press hard until injector functions. The needle automatically inserted into the muscles and simultaneously forces fluid through it into the muscle tissues.
- Hold firmly in place for some seconds then removes gently and massage the area for better distribution of medicine.
- The empty container should be disposed properly.
Advantages of an auto injector
- Precise delivery time
- Consistent precise injection depth
- Fully automatic injection thus easy to use and no anxiety
- Needle stays covered and sterile until injected
- Safe, so there is no accidental injury by the needle.