Vasodilators can widen blood vessels by relaxing the muscles of the blood vessel walls, thus lowers blood pressure.
- Generic name - Hydralazine
- Loniten (generic name - Minoxidil)
Avoid Vasodilators, if
- If taking bisulfates
- Pregnant or nursing women should discuss with the doctor before using this medicine.
- Have diabetes, heart disease, or uremia (build-up of waste in your blood) should discuss with the doctor about the risks of using this medicine.
- Taking diuretics (water pills), insulin, phenytoin, corticosteroids, estrogen, warfarin, or progesterone should discuss with the doctor about the risks of using these medications.
Vasodilators side effects
Headache, stomach upset, dizziness, and growth in body hair.
Vasodilators warning signs
Consult doctor immediately if having; fever, fast heartbeat, fainting, chest pain, breathing problems, sudden weight gain.